Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ramblings about Paleo Diet, Weight Loss, and Weight Training

     
In addition to my professional blog for SQL Server and other related technologies I've decided to start a blog for my ramblings on diet and specifically to document the loss of my final 20 pounds and getting my percentage of body fat down to 7%.
Background
In November of 2008 I weighed 300 pounds and my percentage of body fat was probably in the high 50s. Initially I followed a typical sort of diet and made some good progress. But it wasn’t until I started eating within the guidelines of the Paleo Diet that I really started to make progress. I’m now floating just above 185 and around 15% body fat. But the last 20 pounds have been nearly impossible for me to drop. My current strategy is this:
1.       Increase both carb and protein intake so that I am eating more than 2000 calories for a two week period.
2.       Stop doing cardio but continue weight training and then…
3.       Drop the additional fruit and protein to get my calories back to less than 1800.
4.       Add back HIIT with sprints and also do occasional stair master.
I will probably have to cycle through like this a few more times before early spring to reach my goal. I hope my documenting this journey will be helpful to others.
Current Status
At the time of writing this I’m starting the second week of higher carbs and calories.



Dec, 2008 - Sept 2010

June, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment