Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Entering the Muscle and Fitness Rock Hard Challenge 2011

I’ve decided to enter the Muscle and Fitness 2011 Rock Hard Challenge. I’ve made some progress over the past few months having raised my calories but I’m not sure about the degree of the success. The issue I am seeing is that I have raised my calories out of fear I was consuming too few and I’ve gotten more muscular and my pants fit me better. I’ve probably gone down a half of a pant size. But my weight has stayed the same and while I am certain I have lost fat, I feel I should be making faster progress. What I feel I am lacking is real focus. So for the next 3 months I am going to use the RHC 2011 as a goal to focus my efforts.
My goal is based on percentage of body fat, not on weight.
Goal: 7% body fat by the end of the contest in April, 2011.
Diet Strategy: I will continue eating Paleo, of course, but I will also be using Carb Cycling to help me achieve my goals. Daily calorie intake will vary as will daily carbohydrate intake. This will be based on the type of exercises performed on any given day.
Workout Strategy: For the first month and a half I am going to continue on the current system I am using, which is FST7 on Sat, Sun, Mon, and Wed with HIIT cardio being done on Tue and Wed. I will re evaluate this based on my results after the initial month and a half.
Progress Tracking: I will document the following measurements on a weekly basis.
·         Weight
·         Waste, thighs, arms, and chest. Each day I perform the measure I will take the measure 3 times in the same area and document the average.
On a tri-weekly basis I will track my body fat measurement. I will do my best to ensure the measurements are accurate but the machine used at my local YMCA seems to have occasional issues. I will also post photos roughly every 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment